Saturday, March 22, 2008

Just for the record, I HATE FLYING TO THE STATES

So here I am, at Changi Airport. I got here three hours before my flight and checked in my bag the whole way to San Francisco. It'll probably never make it (miami). Or get searched again (Newark twice) The lady who checked me in said she needed to check something with her supervisor, (Heathrow). There was a problem with my passport because I have no blank pages. I snatched it from her and showed her the 6 blank pages. So all checked in I go through immigration and then I see this sign it says my favourite three words, Free Internet Access. I decide to check my mail, when I'm paged.
Will Passenger Blake, Una please report to transfer gate D.
Ok. I walked for miles, well it felt like miles. I gave the lady my boarding card and my ticket and she told me that they were refusing me permission to board the flight from Taipei to San Francisco on the basis that I didn't have a Visa or an on-ward ticket. I had shown the lady at the check in desk my onward ticket, flying out of Newark to Dublin sometime in April. The ladies behind the desk started talking Singlish to each other and nodding. They could hold you up at immigration one of them warned sternly(San Francisco, Miami). Then she asked did I have a yellow fever vacination, so I had to produce my vacination book. As far as i know they don't have yellow fever in this neck of the woods. Then she couldn't work the photocopier to photocopy my ticket. I nearly jumped over the counter to do it myself. Then she said that everything would be okay, they would get fined if they didn't check. I nodded I said I knew (Heathrow/San Francisco). At least I wasn't being bumped off my flight (Paris) or being told I had to make an unscheduled stop and change flights (Boston). Is it me, other than a couple of speeding tickets and parking fines I have never been in trouble with the police, I have always been polite to people and this morning i even told the lady in the hotel I was checking out from that they had forgotten to charge me for breakfast. Anyway going to go brouse around the shops and wait to be paged again.

No comments:

Blog2Print