Saturday, April 12, 2008

Cosmic inbalance

There is something about me and north America that don't mix. San Fran I loose my phone, find it again but still .... then the Zephyer breaks down, I get to Denver and i break my cheek bone, then i go to the mountains and all hell breaks loose, then i get back to Denver and lose my best friend, i fly to Toronto, a basket case, jetlagged, traumatised and damaged, and words are said, that break me even further, so my friend Pam comes in from Montreal to rescue me, and the night i arrive her Husband gets sick and they think he has had a heart attack. He hasn't, praise the lord Buddha, but i am beginning to believe that me and this continent are not meant to be together, maybe like Amy Winehouse and that Blake-Civil (whatever his name is.) Pam reminded me that when she came to Ireland, maybe about 10 years ago, I was busy telling her how safe it was while each time we turned on the radio people from Kerry where stabbing each other. It was unnerving and unhinging.
Anyway, Montreal is a lovely city. Parts of it remind me of Montmarte, in Paris. Everything here is written in French, the people speak this weird dialect that i don't understand, then again the last time i spoke french was to a tuk tuk driver in Cambodia, so dialects shouldn't be a problem. But The British Queen is on all the bank notes. So it's French, but very English and stretches look like Boston. It's confusing and also even though everything is written in French the people will speak english to you but only politely if they know you are a tourist. (praise the lord Buddha for the San Francisco fleece). Me and Pam and Pete, walked around for about 3 hours today, I saw a lot of Montreal. We met up with some friends tonight and had a nice night, but i wasn't in the mood to be in a bar, i wanted to be at home, in bed with Nini. You know I am tired when there is a free bar and i am the one egging to go. So that is where I am going now.

No comments:

Blog2Print